EG Solutions Inc. (EGS) was retained by the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) through their prime consultant, CDM Smith, to provide oversight service for the expansion of the Tampa International Airport.
FDOT is investing $200 million into this almost $1 billion expansion program. EGS’s role is to provide program management services to verify that the state investment is in compliance with the Joint Participation Agreement (JPA) that the airport has with the state.
The program includes:
- A new 7300 space consolidated rental car facility (CONRAC) and Quick Turnaround Area (QTA)
- Expansion of Taxiway Juliet
- Roadway improvements
- 1.3 miles of new guideway for the Automated People Mover (APM) system connecting the main terminal to the proposed CONRAC facility
- Three APM stations located at the terminal, economy garage and the CONRAC facility
- Maintenance and storage/central control facility
- Remote curb and Bus Rapid Transit Station
|Project||Automated People Mover System and Expansion Program Oversight|
|Client||Tampa International Airport|